Jewelry Care Advice | Jewellery of Horn
We all choose our jewelry carefully, so they look good on us and they go well with our style and clothing. Every one of our jewelry expresses who we are and shows the others how we feel about ourselves. Many jewelry are given from one generation to others and are very important belongings for families. So it is very important that we treat our jewelry well. Many women often ask: How should I take care of my jewelry so they can last longer and look in the best possible way? We, in madeofhorn.com have tried to answer all questions connected with our jewelry safety and care.
All jewelry made of horn are handcrafted and although the material is tough, the jewelry are delicate. To ensure that your product remains in the best possible condition, please keep the advices below. We insure you, that if you follow our 10 simple tips, you will not have problems with your jewelry and they will remain just as beautiful as they were when you first got them.
1. Store your jewelry separately from one another, in the original packaging to avoid scratches.
2. Polish your jewelry frequently with a soft cloth and paraffin wax to maintain its original finish.
3. Polish not only the horn material, but the silver one as well.
4. Remove jewelry before washing hands, swimming, and/or applying products like perfume, hairspray, soap, or lotion, as this could harm the polish.
5. Remove your jewelry before doing any household work or manual labor.
6. Put on jewelry last when dressing and take off first when undressing.
7. Avoid contact with water.
8. Avoid to put your jewellery under direct light of sun for long time.
9. Avoid hard contact that can scratch the surface.
10. Do not wear your jewelry when you dye your hair.
⇦ Back to Terms & Conditions /Care Advice